Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lost in the Dark

I recently finished writing another song! Sometime I'd like to release a track for it, but since I'm such a perfectionist it never sounds right when I self produce with vocals!

This song is called, "Lost in the Dark". It's a very sad song! I wrote it for a friend, and as you can probably tell the emotions expressed in the song are anger or resentment. I'm not going to tell the whole story of the song, but I will say a bit. It is from my perspective talking to a friend who is searching for something more in their life!  It's one of my shorter songs lyrically and it's very simple. Still I think it's powerful overall! Enjoy!

Verse: 
So many questions are there answers? You ask as day turns to night,
Your voice breaks the silence, as you yell at the sky, Is there no light?

Chorus:
Woahhhh, where are you now? Are you lost? Do you know? Do you know where you are?
Do you know? Do you know? Are you lost in the dark?

Verse 2: 
You run from the silence, the only way out is to join the one way crowd,
Lost and abandoned, join all the rest as they slowly progress toward their deaths

(Chorus 2X)

Bridge: 
Can you see the light? Through the walls crashing down, the dark all around,
Can't you see through? Can a veil of lies keep you subdued?

(Chorus starting on subdued)

Outro: Are you lost in the dark? (fade)


 ~Elijah  (song by me 2012) 

 
Are you lost in the dark?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from my readers. If you have a question I'd be happy to answer it and if you have a comment I'd love to hear your opinion.

God Bless,
Elijah